Supply Chain ManagerDepartment: Supply Chain
Reports To: President of Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary: The Purchasing / Supply Chain manager is the process owner for the department. This position will be responsible for defining / deploying on-site strategy, including supporting Commodity Team strategy, generating saving projects with internal and external customers / suppliers. Manage continuous improvement of the operational purchasing /Supply Chain processes and ensure department fully complies with all procedures and guidelines. Manage the purchasing team from an efficiency and operational excellence point of view
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Drive operational purchasing excellence for LTI site and ensure compliance procedures and guidelines.
- Report on projects, negotiations & other purchasing deliverables performance.
- Manage LTI site spend, contract, supply base, supply quality & sustainability,
- Deploy agreed commodity strategy to key individuals involved on site.
- Identify and coordinate requirement for outsourcing.
- Interface with Vendors process and strategy deployment
- Ensure alignment with Purchasing Team for all supplier quality related activities
- Ensure monthly physical inventory counts and reporting meets LTI requirements
- Manage and close the weekly planning loop from demand to production line through shipment to customer
- Conduct weekly Supply & Demand management meetings
- Define and deploy PPM targets for direct reports and operational team staffs and organize performance reviews with input of co-assessors
- Contribute to development and succession planning of staff
- Implement central stock point concept in N.A and deploy strategy LTI
- Successful integration of LTI Supply chain / Purchasing into the LTI programs per targets
- Achieve sustainable standard lamp production output as required in the location’s Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
- Achieve target DL cost per lamp thru improved efficiency & reduced overtime, by ensuring no stock-out of key materials per current AOP
- Improve Cost of Non-Quality as set forth in the current AOP
- Achieve finished goods & raw material maximums as set forth in the current AOP
- STD cost reduction 5%
- Maintain DRM to >95%
Competencies:To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Achievement Focus - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Managing Customer Focus - Develops new approaches to meeting customer needs. Establishes customer service standards. Monitors customer satisfaction. Promotes customer focus. Provides training in customer service delivery.
Managing People - Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth. Includes subordinates in planning. Makes self-available to subordinates. Provides direction and gains compliance. Provides regular performance feedback. Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities.
Planning and Organization- Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
Problem Solving- Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BS BA or comparable related experience
Seven years’ related experience managing either materials or purchasing management in a high-volume manufacturing environment
Proven expertise in: project management, supply chain strategy, supply chain concepts, strategic purchasing, inventory management, factory logistics, planning & control, scheduling, routing, distribution and warehouse, transport management, strong computer skills, adept with related software packages and experienced in MRP systems, preferably MAS200 and SAP
Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Competency and Skills:
- -Assertive negotiator
- -Open-minded/positive attitude
- -Well organized and process driven
- -Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- -Team player
MS Word, Excel, Share Point and experience working with related software packages and experienced in MRP systems, preferably MAS200 and SAP
Supervisory Responsibilities: Shipping Department and Supply Chain Staff
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
All Company policies and procedures should be followed, and support Company’s goals. Supporting Lean program throughout the company is essential.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.