Opto-Mechanical EngineerDepartment: Engineering
Position Summary: Experienced opto-mechanical engineer to be part of a fast-growing group developing the next generation of high power laser projection systems for cinema and entertainment applications. In this role, you will be involved in all aspects of product development.
Job Title: Opto-Mechanical Engineer
Location: Baldwin Park, CA
Full/Part-Time: Full Time
• System design from concept to final product including layouts, BOMs, procedures and test plans.
• Work closely with suppliers to ensure all specifications, costs and delivery schedules are met. Select new vendors and complete first article qualification.
• Optimize optical and mechanical performance of system through iterative design processes.
• Complete detailed designs of components, assemblies and manufacturing fixtures.
• Create and monitor mechanical and optical project plans and work with program manager to achieve project goals on time and on budget.
• Collaborate in a multi-disciplinary environment with other engineers and experts in optical and mechanical engineering, optical and mechanical component fabrication, electronics and software design and electronics and optomechanical assembly.
• Document engineering reports, engineering drawings and equipment design specifications.
• BS Mechanical or Optical Engineering required.
• 5+ years of experience with optical/mechanical devices, laser components and system design.
• Experience working in a laser lab environment. Hands-on experience with optical alignment and test principles.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD Inventor.
• Optical modeling experience (Code V, LightTools, Zemax or other industry standards) preferred.
• Finite element thermal analysis experience preferred.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.